Tru is a category-disruptor that’s simplified, spirited, and grounded in value, designed to fill a huge void in the midscale segment.
Tru is a place that embraces vibrant simplicity and is fun and engaging.
Tru creates an experience that ditches the dull and serves up the basics in a fresh and unfailingly consistent way.
Tru has a culture with casual, witty folks who live to breathe life into each stay.
Tru makes a promise to give guests all the right stuff at just the right price.
It’s a brand designed to attract millions of travelers who span generations but think alike; they share a zest for life mindset.
Why did Hilton create this game changing brand?
A void in the Hilton portfolio
Following the move of Hampton by Hilton into the upper midscale tier (where it is the segment leader), there was an opportunity in Hilton Worldwide’s portfolio for a brand at the midscale price point. Approximately, 15-20 percent of U.S. Hilton HHonors guests currently use midscale/economy brands, but Hilton does not have a brand at this price point.
A chasm in the marketplace
Approximately forty percent of guest stays in the U.S. are in the economy and midscale segments yet the existing midscale landscape is filled with generic product that is inconsistently executed, leaving consumers to have to compromise between price and a quality experience. It is a sea of sameness – uncertain experiences, uninspired design, and undifferentiated features and amenities.
An inability of other brands to innovate in this space
Competitor legacy product makes it difficult for existing brands to rapidly improve the overall quality, freshness and consistency of their product. With a blank canvas, Hilton can fill this void.
A huge opportunity.
In addition to Hilton’s existing loyal customer base, we estimate there are more than 15-20 million potential new customers within this space. This customer base includes millennials who are beginning to rise in their purchasing power and who we want to bring into our HHonors system so they become loyal to the Hilton portfolio of brands as they mature and gain purchasing power.
98-key prototype, buildable on less than 2 acres
Scalable prototype with 82-150 rooms
Positioned to achieve an ADR approximately 15%-20% below Hampton’s ADR in comparable markets
Hilton Worldwide has a proven commercial engine and a portfolio of enduringly successful brands, plus a robust marketing function, and a proven and disciplined approach to new brand development and launches.
As part of the Hilton family, Tru is backed by Hilton Worldwide Performance Advantage. When you become a Tru partner, you’ll receive all the strength and support of a global hospitality leader.
- Hilton HHonors™: Our award-winning guest-loyalty program, with 50 million Hilton Worldwide loyalists – the people who made up over half of all stays at our hotels in 2015.
- Hilton Worldwide Sales Team: 700 members across 34 regions, who secure high-value accounts and smart partnerships.
- Hilton Reservations and Customer Care: More than 3,000 highly skilled, multilingual customer service pros working around the clock to keep your rooms booked and guests happy.
- Online Services: To ensure travelers can find Tru with the latest mobile, search, and online channels providing locally relevant content in 22 languages.
- Revenue Management: To help owners maximize profits and guest satisfaction, with industry-leading pricing and yield-management capabilities.
- OnQ Suite: To seamlessly handle reservations and property management systems.
- StayConnected: To provide reliable in-room Internet access.
- LightStay: To help ensure each property’s sustainability.
- Hilton Supply Management: With purchasing power to provide competitive pricing on superior products and services.